This course will prepare students for the CompTIA Network+ (2009 Edition) certification exam. CompTIA is a non-profit information (IT) trade association.
CompTIA’s certifications are designed by subject matter experts from across the IT industry. Each CompTIA certification is vendor-neutral, covers multiple technologies,
and requires demonstration of skills and knowledge widely sought after by the IT industry.
You will learn:
- Describe the basic components and characteristics of a computer network.
- Identify wired network-to-network connections.
- Install LAN wiring components.
- Differentiate between wired internetworking devices.
- Configure the TCP/IP communication protocols for a wired connection.
- Install wireless networking components.
- Identify common security threats and mitigation techniques.
- Secure operating systems and network devices.
- Control access to the network.
- Monitor network resources.
- Troubleshoot the network.
Pre-Requisites: High School Diploma or Equivalent. No previous networking experience is necessary, although of basic computer principals is helpful.